USB soundcard from Turtle Beach
May 27, 2010 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kunalraiker

Headphoneus Supremus
I found this converter or soundcard,depends on the way you want to use it.

I don't have much information on its performance apart from the details on the website.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/tabid/734/Default.aspx

The device is very cheap and would be a nice alternative to users looking for USB to Coaxial or Optical out,I don't know what resolution output it can provide.

Does anyone  know more about this product,could you please compare it to other audiophile converters  similar to Musiland and Hi-face.

May 28, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #2 of 6
I actually picked up a Micro II so I can stream movies from my Alienware laptop and watch them using my home theater system.  Works like a charm!  For $25, I can't see how this isn't a no-brianer.  One thing that confused me at first was that I wasn't getting surround sound (only Pro Logic), but Turtle Beach's customer service reps told me that a driver is required for the Micro II to output surround sound.  It's advertised as "no drivers needed", but that refers to basic installation.  (I.e. digital stereo or analog signals).  Of course though, this does make sense once you think about it.  

Anyhow, overall I am very satisfied with this purchase.  Sorry, but I can't compare it to other units on the market since I have no experience with them.

May 28, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #4 of 6
I used one as a dj for years. It's a great little product that's the size of a flash drive and pushes loud with minimal clipping. It may not measure up to the bigger name DACs, but it's still better than a laptop onbaord and regardless a fantastic buy for $25, and that's not even considering that it's a usb->optical converter too.

May 28, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
I used one as a dj for years. It's a great little product that's the size of a flash drive and pushes loud with minimal clipping. It may not measure up to the bigger name DACs, but it's still better than a laptop onbaord and regardless a fantastic buy for $25, and that's not even considering that it's a usb->optical converter too.

I'am mainly considering this because od the usb-optical convert which I could then use to connect my DAC, the only problem is that they said its resolution is 16bit/48khz now this has got me re-considering it because my DAC is capable of playong 24bit/96khz, would i be able to play music in that resolution or not if I use the Turtle Beach Soundcard.

May 29, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #6 of 6
I use one under Linux into a Lavry DA10 and it works flawlessly. My only complaint is the bright blue LED, but that is a pet peeve of mine. It doesn't resample everything to 48khz as has been erroneously stated previously and is pretty much plug-and-play (at least for the 16/44 audio and stereo DVDs I've used with it). I have had similar results when using it under OS X, but haven't tried it with any versions of Windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back