USB sound card for ps4?
Dec 24, 2017 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

JPull07

Head-Fier
are there any decent usb sound cards worth buying for the ps4? I like my current set up but wish I got just a little bit more volume out of then, the controller amp is trash. Also would be great if I could retain the flip to mute feature on my mic.

Dec 24, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #2 of 13
You need an amp not a soundcard.
Astro MixAmp if you want 7.1 gaming or Schiit Magni 3 if youre okay with stereo.
You can also read MadLustEnvy gaming thread for ideas.

Dec 24, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #4 of 13
Im not sure as to what youre currently using,but neither the Magni nor MixAmp have a mute button.That feature is usually mic based.

Dec 24, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #5 of 13
Im not sure as to what youre currently using,but neither the Magni nor MixAmp have a mute button.That feature is usually mic based.

https://www.hyperxgaming.com/us/headsets/cloud-stinger-gaming-headset

The mic muted upon a flip up. It’s a 3.5 mm. Does ok, just would like it louder. Sounds amazing on my phone versus compared to the controller. Even my tv. How would adding the magni change my set up? What would plug it into on the ps4? Seems much better then the Astro and cheaper.

Dec 24, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #6 of 13
I have no experience using the Magni 3 + PS4 so I would only be making semi-educated guesses.Best bet is to ask in the gaming thread I linked above.
I use the MixAmp Pro which has a mic input(Magni doesnt) with a ModMic and Fidelio X1 for my PS4.The mute switch on my set-up is located right on the mic.

Dec 24, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #7 of 13
I have no experience using the Magni 3 + PS4 so I would only be making semi-educated guesses.Best bet is to ask in the gaming thread I linked above.
I use the MixAmp Pro which has a mic input(Magni doesnt) with a ModMic and Fidelio X1 for my PS4.The mute switch on my set-up is located right on the mic.
that’s what I was just thinking of about the magni. I don’t see how it would even recognize the mic without an input.

Dec 24, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #8 of 13
yeah my guess(just a guess here)is you will lose mic functionality with the Magni.
I just Googled "USB amp for PS4" and got a ton of results...no clue as to if any are viable though.

Jun 25, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #11 of 13
What about the g1?

The Sound BlasterX G1 would work as well, but the G5 has more power to drive the headphones, a better AMP and also more presets than the G1.

Jun 25, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #12 of 13
Hi Jpull07,

You could try a usb computer interface, they all work well with all the consoles, some I recommend are the Lexicon Alpha or the Focusrite Scarlett Series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back