USB Probs
Sep 6, 2009 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Albinoni

500+ Head-Fier
I have a few MP3 players and in this lot I have three Creative Zen Vision M's (new). When I got the first one, I installed the drivers for it and conneted it to the USB cable and the PC recognised it, so that worked like a charm. Later down the track I got another ZVM (Green 30GB and quite rare, new also) and also connected it to the USB port and no hassles. Not that long ago I got a nother new 30GB ZVM (white) and this time when I connected it to the USB port it does not recognise it and ignores it or I get a message in windows that pops up and says USB connection failure or something like that.

Strange and why did the other two work and this one didnt ?

Sep 7, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #2 of 8
is it plug and play or is there some proprietary software/drivers to install ???

Sep 7, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bergman2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it plug and play or is there some proprietary software/drivers to install ???

Well I was assuming if the other two worked than so should this one, plus the driver is already installed.

Sep 7, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Well I was assuming if the other two worked than so should this one, plus the driver is already installed.

Sep 7, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #5 of 8
uninstall the drivers and reinstall ... you might also want to reformat the drive on the portable ... I had a slightly similar problem on an old portable of mine and it was an indication of drive failure

Sep 7, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #6 of 8
it might also be that the new units firmware/hardware have been changed and are now incompatible with your system ... you could also try updating the chipset packages on your mb, which contain usb drivers and the like

Sep 8, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

uninstall the drivers and reinstall ... you might also want to reformat the drive on the portable ... I had a slightly similar problem on an old portable of mine and it was an indication of drive failure

Ok so I am assuming your saying to format the drive on the ZVM, correct? But if I do this will I also loose its OS as well and firmware, is the firmware and OS stored on a chip or the HDD ?

Sep 8, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

it might also be that the new units firmware/hardware have been changed and are now incompatible with your system ... you could also try updating the chipset packages on your mb, which contain usb drivers and the like

No, actually both this one and my green ZVM use the same firmware as I have checked the version number and they're both the same. The only thing is the green ZVM does work and no probs what so ever.

Its like for eg when I connected it to the PC/laptop the PC or Laptop does not even recognise it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back