USB Oscilloscope
Jun 11, 2008 at 7:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

regal

Headphoneus Supremus
I found this post on an overclocker forum. I need a scope to check out a DAC I am working on. But I just don't want a big tube scope taking up space. I don't think the little handheld LCD's are valuable for analyzing ripple and the screens are hard to read.

Dso-2090 Usb Oscilloscope - OverclockersClub Forums

This is small and you just hook it up to a laptop, powered off the +5V USB.

dso_2090.jpg

200846162335805.jpg

"DSO2090/2150/2250 Softscope FFT spectrum analysis features that make you more that can be observed in a variety of frequency signal,
Find the root of the problem, so that many of the issues and not the blade solution. Spectrum Analyzer 0 HZ-6250MHz(The Greatest)" - testinstru.com

200846163946424.jpg

What do folks think of the usefullness for DIY audio ? That Fourier Transform function looks really nice, but my concern would be noise from the USB line messing with the output data, I always thought that a scope needed a clean power supply.

Jun 11, 2008 at 10:27 AM Post #2 of 7
That would probably be a very useful tool in the arsenal Regal, even with the less than pristine PS. :wink: Edit: my only hesitation would be its reliability, since its made in China, but what isn't these days.

Jun 27, 2008 at 11:55 AM Post #4 of 7
I'm also thinking of getting one this this usb scope... Anyone here have used this device? thanks

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #6 of 7
8 bits is pretty crude, especially today with much higher resolution monolithic ADC available at this speed

40 MHz is only just adequate for many audio op amp crcuits to verify absence of large high frequency oscillations, some of the more popular tweaker/roller op amp suggestions here can misbehave at even higher frequency though

but for limited space and budget this looks somewhat useful

used analog oscilloscpes could be performance competitive at this price, with much better input stage range and the ultimate "traditional" UI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back