USB Help!
Jan 14, 2016 at 8:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

gonzfi

500+ Head-Fier
Hello clever people of head-fi! Please can someone help me with a usb query...

I currently have all my music on an external hard drive which I connect to my pc using a usb 3.0 a to micro (b I think) cable. From there I send it to my dac with a standard usb a-b cable. This gives a great result and 192khz signal. I also have a network streamer which I like to use because it makes everything simpler. When I connect the hard drive directly to the streamer I only get a 44khz signal and I'm wondering if I can improve this because I'm not using the best usb input. Is it possible to go straight from the hard drive to the usb b input of the streamer, ie does such a cable exist? I guess it would be usb 3.0 b to usb micro b.

I think that makes sense but I'm not sure!

Jan 18, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #2 of 2
Maybe your streamer is not using any specific drivers to communicate and connects using USB 1 which allows a maximum of 48 kH 16 bit. b is for the peripheral, I don't think you can connect two peripherals, it would have to be some kind of cross-cable and I don't know if they could talk with each other like two hosts. What is written in the streamer's manual?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back