USB Headset- Sennheiser PC8- Can't hear my voice thru earpieces in Win 10
Sep 12, 2022 at 9:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bixby

Headphoneus Supremus
I am dumbfounded. I can make a google voice call with the PC but have to talk really loud to be able to hear myself. Adjusting the listening property in Win 10 and checking the listen box gets me my voice in the earpieces but with a lovely (not) echo.

What the heck do I have to do to make a 2022 USB headset act like a full duplex regular 100 year old telephone?

Do gamers put up with this or is it all software related?

Sep 13, 2022 at 6:29 AM Post #2 of 6
I am dumbfounded. I can make a google voice call with the PC but have to talk really loud to be able to hear myself. Adjusting the listening property in Win 10 and checking the listen box gets me my voice in the earpieces but with a lovely (not) echo.

What the heck do I have to do to make a 2022 USB headset act like a full duplex regular 100 year old telephone?

Do gamers put up with this or is it all software related?
Everyone I know turns off "listen to this device".
Most people get irritated hearing their own voice when making voice calls.

I can only assume the 'echo' you are hearing is probably related to the voice call software, which is relaying your transmission back to you, on top of you hearing your microphone feed as it appears in Windows.

If you want to hear yourself lag-free, you should try to enable that in Sound Settings > Recording in Control Panel
- I assume this is already the case, since you're hearing an echo, but this will give you the 'lag free' experience.

1663064740138.png

If you still then get a regular double-echo, then you need to turn off hearing yourself in the voice-chat software so 'hearing yourself' comes from only one source.

Sep 13, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 6
@GREQ

Thanks for the suggestion, but that did not work. Even with Windows not running the Google Voice app the echo is there as soon as you tick the listen box. So in this case the single source is the OS. Sending the Senn back today.

Sep 13, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #4 of 6
That's weird.
Never experienced that before.
Might be some weird USB device fudgery... I guess we'll never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back