USB driver causing BSOD
May 18, 2010 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TobaccoRoad

500+ Head-Fier
I don't really know much about computers so I'm a little hesitant about trying to fix it by myself. My hard drive crashed few months ago so I took it to get it fixed. Now every once in a while I get a blue screen while using a dac, linksys adapter, or any device through usb input. It seems it has to do with a usb driver but that's all I know for now. can anyone help?

May 19, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #2 of 4
There are so many things that could've gone wrong with it.  If you're in a major population center, take it to a friend/company and have them do a full backup and reformat.  To me it sounds like a botched over-install.

May 19, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #3 of 4
Find out what your motherboard is.  Manufacturer and model and chipset.  Programs like Speccy or PC Wizard can help ID what you have.  Then go to the manufacturers web site for the motherboard and/or chipset and get the latest drivers.  Might help.

May 19, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #4 of 4

Go into device manager/universal serial bus controllers and uninstall the drivers,reboot and reinstall them.Windows should do it automatically,the only input from you will be a few mouse clicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back