USB DAC UP 2
Oct 22, 2021 at 12:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Thrill Killer

Head-Fier
I was looking for a solution to my USB-C not working. And a post about this was there. So I looked at it and said "Hey, can I use this?" It's the Yellow USB on my mobo (Giga Auros Master). Says it can have controllable voltage output. Have low noise floor, little interference, etc.

Has anyone used this? My S.M.S.L MK300II DAC has usb 3.0 in. I'm thinking about trying it out. If you have tried this. What output voltage should I use? Any tips, tricks, advice, please let me know.

I haven't tried it yet. As right now I'm using the front panel usb to usb on my dac. As it only has two inputs. usb and 3.5mm Coax-Optical input.

Oct 22, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #2 of 3
If your DAC's USB interface is self-powered, then you can disable the power output on the yellow USB (DAC-UP) port. This has the potential to reduce noise.

Oct 22, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #3 of 3
If your DAC's USB interface is self-powered, then you can disable the power output on the yellow USB (DAC-UP) port. This has the potential to reduce noise.
My dac has it's own psu. The claim is that this usb jack has a cleaner line out performance than other usb outs from the I/O or front usb panel. I'm starting to think it's only for usb powered devices. And Not self powered ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back