usb dac for use with AD700+laptop
Apr 20, 2010 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sdmanfar

New Head-Fier
I almost always use my AD700s on a laptop and frankly i want more juice for watching movies and listening to music. I have a dell laptop which had creative sound blaster advanced MB software which was good for cranking up some bass which is flat with AD700s. Now that i have upgraded to windows 7, Creative software doesn't have support for win7. the EQ on win media player doesn't do the job.

recently i was looking at an external sound card solution which could improve sound quality and I came across "Creative X-Fi Notebook" and "Creative X-Fi Go!" but then I thought I could get better sound in that price. Ive skimmed through a couple of threads on this forum and found a lot of talk about the HOTAUDIO DACs i.e. HOTAUDIO DAC DESTROYER and HOTAUDIO BIT-PERFECT DAC. recently there has been posts about the "NuFORCE Icon uDAC". all of these options come within my price range. I just need some opinion from experienced members of this forum to guide me towards the best value for money solution.

Basically i want to get rid of the noise that comes with the laptop headphone jack, get more bass and better soundstage for my AD700s through my laptop.

ill appreciate all the responses.

Apr 20, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #2 of 5
The X-Fi portables are definitely not worth the money. At all.

I'd recommend the uDAC over the HotAudio products, but... I don't think you'll see much increase in soundstaging. What's your max budget? The iBasso products are fairly good if you can sink the money, and will definitely help with your bass issues.

Apr 20, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #3 of 5
DO NOT EVER GET THE X-FI PORTABLE DEVICES, they are crap

and yes, dac is a must for pc/laptop audio

Apr 21, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hybrys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The X-Fi portables are definitely not worth the money. At all.

I'd recommend the uDAC over the HotAudio products, but... I don't think you'll see much increase in soundstaging. What's your max budget? The iBasso products are fairly good if you can sink the money, and will definitely help with your bass issues.

my budget is AUD200.00 (max)... i can get the uDAC for AUD159.00...
AD700 arent very bassy HPs thats why i want something that can bring out some clean bass (not too bass) from my AD700s for movies. if uDAC can do that job ill pull the trigger on it but if theres something better than uDAC below AUD200.00 then ill go for it..

appreciate all the replies

cheers

Apr 21, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #5 of 5
Nah, grab the uDAC, and enjoy. = D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back