USB DAC for under $50 - using for headphones
Apr 5, 2015 at 4:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ak21

New Head-Fier
Hi, 
I know there are many such threads but since I received help on here previously on which headphones to buy so I though of making a thread to get specific answers on which USB DAC to purchase as well. 

Essentially I am looking into purchasing a cheap USB DAC that would be an upgrade to my current Laptop sound card while still getting the best for my use/price. The USB DAC would be mostly used for my KRK 8400 (if that helps) headphones used for video-editing while occasionally using them for music and games. I am looking for something under $50 (though can spend a bit more for anything that may be worth the extra cash), does not really need to be portable.

The current one's I am looking into purchasing are: 
Behringer UCA-202 (~$30)
Fiio E6 (~$30)
HIFIMEDIY SABRE USB DAC (~$30 - $42 depending on version - anyone know the different versions?)

Anything else or anyone recommend any from the list above? I am completely new to the audio world so still learning :). Thanks for any help in advance! 

Apr 7, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #2 of 7
When I was getting into computer audio I got one of the hifimediy dacs. It did make a difference to my ears. Plenty of threads on this site that may be able to help you make a decision

May 6, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #7 of 7
Thank you for everyone's comments and sorry for the delayed response I never ended up having notifications set up. According to what was mentioned I may just save up for the Fiio E10K  or Schiit Fulla just going to read some reviews to see if it makes a difference from the rest in comparison to the Hifimediy. I did take a look at ZuperDAC and it does seem very promising my only concern is that it won't ship out till July and hoping to get one by this month. Will read a bit more on these and try to finalize my decision. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back