USB DAC for Slee Voyager to Denon D7000
Jan 11, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #2 of 8
The Denons sound far better with a TOSLINK or Coax input to the DAC. I found that they were a bit softer in the bass section via USB. The jump from D2000 to D7000 might require something better than a USB DAC I would think. Otherwise I would stick to the D2000.

Jan 11, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #4 of 8
It's the chicken and egg situation that you face. Those D7000s need a detailed DAC if you want to enjoy the reason why they are more expensive than the D2000. USB can be a disappoint. Try to go to some meets before making the jump for a new DAC to match it. Also ask on the headphone forum. A couple of guys over there got the D7000 and they would be able to give you some valuable money saving tips before you have to rush to the classified and try to offload anything that the D7000 finds hard to build a synergy with.

Jan 11, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 8
Depending on the laptop you own you could ad an optical out using Creative's Creative PCMCIA Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook Sound Card. You could also use its internal DAC. See: Amazon.com: Creative PCMCIA Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook Sound Card: Electronics

You can use the optical out to feed the dac of your choice. As an alternative you could get the upcoming iBasso D10 as a DAC/Amp, or just as a DAC out. Good luck.

Jan 13, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #7 of 8
Did anyone tried the D7000 with Duet? Jga01, we got our Denons on the same day ^ ^ I love it my friend...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back