USB DAC as default source
Sep 15, 2009 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tintin220

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I recently got into the whole HQ audio hobby, and finally purchased a DAC for my computer, specifically the Fubar II. I have it hooked up to my Mac via USB and it works perfectly; however, every time I restart, I have to manually go and select the USB device as my primary audio source. Is there any way to set this as the default source?

Thanks!

Sep 16, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #3 of 7
Hey koven,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am running Snow Leopard (sorry, I should have specified that) and have basically my settings just like what you posted; however, the problem is that I have to do this every time I start up. When I restart, the computer doesn't remember this and instead has the built-in speakers as the default output again.

Is there some sort of script I can use?

Thanks again.

Edit: Here's the image in regular size.

settingsk.png

Sep 16, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #6 of 7
AppleScript maybe? A quick Google search led me to this: macosxhints.com - An AppleScript to change sound output device
Change the text "SoundSticks" in the script to the name of your desired output source.

Code:

Code:
[left]tell application "System Preferences" to activate tell application "System Events" get properties tell process "System Preferences" click menu item "Sound" of menu "View" of menu bar 1 delay 2 set theRows to every row of table 1 of scroll area 1 of ¬ tab group 1 of window "sound" set theOutputs to {} as list repeat with aRow in theRows if (value of text field 1 of aRow as text) ¬ is equal to "SoundSticks" then set selected of aRow to true exit repeat end if end repeat end tell end tell tell application "System Preferences" to quit[/left]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back