USB dac and amp. completly lost.
Apr 26, 2019 at 7:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

GreenClick

New Head-Fier
I'm using Hifiman he-400.

My focusrite Scarlett 2i2 headphone jack is starting to fail so I need to replace the interface.
I don't record, it's only for listening.

I have too many options, PCIe cards, usb recording interfaces, seemingly cheap usb interfaces on amazon....

What should I get for the best sound possible? I've been looking at the 99$ Schiit interfaces (dac and amplifier).
Is it good enough?

Apr 26, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 6
Go external dac/amp not an internal sound card to lessen the chance of picking up noise.

I have a refurbished audioengine D3 I'm quite pleased with I payed $45 for. Family member has a fiio e10k which is also quite nice.

If your more of a person who likes numbers, charts, and graphs audioaciencereview has quite a few reviews that get into the technical side of things. It helps as most reviews are more opinion, having science to give a bigger view of things help I find.

Apr 26, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #3 of 6
Go external dac/amp not an internal sound card to lessen the chance of picking up noise.

I have a refurbished audioengine D3 I'm quite pleased with I payed $45 for. Family member has a fiio e10k which is also quite nice.

If your more of a person who likes numbers, charts, and graphs audioaciencereview has quite a few reviews that get into the technical side of things. It helps as most reviews are more opinion, having science to give a bigger view of things help I find.

I have a Hifiman retailer where I live, they must have the EF100. Do you think it's worth it?

Apr 26, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #4 of 6
What is this the connections you need

Apr 26, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #6 of 6
I'm using Hifiman he-400.

My focusrite Scarlett 2i2 headphone jack is starting to fail so I need to replace the interface.
I don't record, it's only for listening.

I have too many options, PCIe cards, usb recording interfaces, seemingly cheap usb interfaces on amazon....

What should I get for the best sound possible? I've been looking at the 99$ Schiit interfaces (dac and amplifier).
Is it good enough?

well first what headphone do you have? most sound cards now are good enough for consumer type headset...you really dont need anything else. This forum is for the over hype type of peoples

Users who are viewing this thread

Back