usb DAC/Amp under 200 for hd555
Jul 2, 2010 at 9:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

harroyo

New Head-Fier
i recently purchased my headphones (HD555) and i was blown away by the quality, really impressed, it was like a new world opening to me etc... i even regret not purchasing something even better, and i will eventually....

i have been reading the forums but i haven't been able to get  a precise recommendation for my question (its like people allways recommend a newer product but its hard to find how they compare with older stuff) . it doesnt have to be portable but i prefer it as long as it isn't a compromise in quality.
i could go a little higher than 200, but not too much.

Thanks
edit: i live in South America so its impossible for me to test stuff before buying.

Jul 3, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #2 of 3
Bienvenido! it is refreshing to see a fellow head-fier con el mismo apellido. 
biggrin.gif

If you are looking for a portable kind of dac/amp the iBasso D4 or D10 come to mind. The first is an USB only and the 2nd is an USB/Coaxial/Optical unit. Another option is the Leckerton UHA-6S with USB and optical inputs. Good luck.

Jul 3, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #3 of 3
thanks,  i was looking at ibasso d2+ boa,  Audinst HUD-mx1 and aune mk2, but having no way to test them and with no experience i have no way to compare them between them and your recommendations (i can only guess d2<d4<d10).
as i said before id rather have a portable one as long as it isnt a compromise in quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back