USB cables with isolated power conductor
Mar 25, 2013 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

auee

100+ Head-Fier
I have been reading about this type of cable and it seems that one of the most important features is for the power conductor to be fully isolated from the signal conductors. Has anyone found this to be true? If so, what cables are you using that have this feature?

Thanks to all. 

Mar 26, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
I have been reading about this type of cable and it seems that one of the most important features is for the power conductor to be fully isolated from the signal conductors. Has anyone found this to be true? If so, what cables are you using that have this feature?

Thanks to all. 

Wireworld cables have them separated, whether you go USB cables, interconnects, speaker cables, power cords.... And yes, separating the conductor for power and data will affect sound.  It also depends on the purity of the metal conductor, insulation material, and noise-rejection too...

ol'cheez

Mar 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #3 of 5
A friend of mine has some of those Acoustic Revive USB cables, man were they good, but too rich for me sadly. I dont know what kind of fairy dust was going on, but they sounded mighty fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back