USB Cables - Good Quality & Apparence?
Jan 30, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #16 of 19
It was cheap so I trashed it. The 2nd cable works great. It's just a ugly, ugly blue color.

Jan 30, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #17 of 19
I highly recommend WIREWORLD STARLIGHT USB CABLE.

I have compared wireworld cable with standard usb cable and also PANGEA AUDIO USB Cable.

(Early impression, and 0 hours burn-in) Wireworld starlight, to my hearing, opens up the HIGH frequency region and the detail is very good. On some very complex music, it shows music details that i never heard before. More smooth, soundstage width improve slightly.
Before i try it, i never expected such a change and was quite sceptical about usb cable. And I was surprised after trying it.

But again, hearing is believing.
Sure.. We can discuss about having those 0 and 1 is the same thru any cable. But back to our own judgement. If its doesnt make any difference, then don't buy it. If u hear difference and like it, good for u. :)

My rigs:
LCD2 r2.
Graham slee solo ultra linear with PSU1
Audio Gd NFB3
Vermouth Red velvet IC

Jan 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:
It was cheap so I trashed it. The 2nd cable works great. It's just a ugly, ugly blue color.

If I had to make a guess I would say that something in the additional 5 pins of USB3.0 vs. USB2.0 causing it to register as a USB2.0 device. Something as simple as a plug that got screwed up in the molding department could do it.

Jan 31, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #19 of 19
How about this one: http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-A-Male-B-Male-Cable-Lighted/dp/B003ES5ZQE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1359676524&sr=8-2&keywords=AmazonBasics+USB+cable  ?
Braided AND lit with LEDs on each end! 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back