USB cable?
Feb 6, 2006 at 9:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Kraco

Head-Fier
Are the stock USB cables that come with most eqipment good enough or will upgrade cables help? If so, where and what brand should I get? Thanks!

R.T.

Feb 6, 2006 at 10:49 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by riffer
Unless they are total junk, they will be okay.

If you want to upgrade anyway, get the QVS or Monster cables.

OK thanks riffer! I only have one out of about a dozen that really looks good, and that one came with my U24 DAC. The rest of them are much much thinner.

Anyway, just curious because you see so much on getting good audio/video and power cords, that I thought maybe the USB cable would be just as important. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!

R.T.

Feb 6, 2006 at 11:30 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraco
OK thanks riffer! I only have one out of about a dozen that really looks good, and that one came with my U24 DAC. The rest of them are much much thinner.

Anyway, just curious because you see so much on getting good audio/video and power cords, that I thought maybe the USB cable would be just as important. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!

R.T.

Where a good USB cable will come into play is if the USB device gets power from the PC via the USB cable. Most budget USB devices get the 5V power from USB cable, so the quality/gauge/shielding of the power-delivery wire in the USB will make a difference.

If the USB device has an external PS, the quality of USB cable shouldn't matter as much at all as long as the cable isn't pure cr#@#$

Feb 7, 2006 at 12:28 AM Post #5 of 5
Jon L,

Thanks! That makes sense and would explain why the U24 has a much better cable then even my Corda Aria which has a cheap looking cable. Thanks for the info!

R.T.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back