USB cable suggestions
Nov 3, 2016 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

appleidappleid

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, I have ordered a Schiit Jotunheim with the DAC card. I am now looking for a usb cable (under 1m) to connect to my Windows computer. My budget is around US$50/£40 (I am from the UK). Do you guys have any suggestions?

I am looking at the Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 and AudioQuest Cinnamon which both have a similar price. I am also looking at the Furutech ADL Formula 2 and AudioQuest Forest which are a bit cheaper. Which one should I go for?

Thanks everyone in advance
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #2 of 4
I've been pleased with the Audioquest Forest -- I think it's a great value.

Nov 4, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #3 of 4
I'm using Supra USB 2.0 cables.
Top quality cable (Sweden made) at reasonable prices. 
I've read good things about them.
There are several sellers in UK (futureshop, audioaffair even Amazon).
I could not tell anything about Sound signature, Sound characteristic ... bla bla bla. I'm not into it and I don't waste the time with comparisons.
I was just looking for a reasonable priced cable at top quality without the usual audiophile cable voodoo marketing and Everest prices.
I was also trying to avoid Companies that have cables from $$ to $$$$ prices as for sure I would not buy the one $$$$ and OTH the company will spec down the ones of $$ (after all the $$$$ must be "justified" by some differences).

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #4 of 4
$24 PYST 1m here, great quality and sound, on top I got silver coated copper for data.

Me no comprende why once the cable becomes data only the price goes towards $100,

I too being an all around AQ King Cobra user for interconnects was tempted by Forest and Carbon (funny
how the two characterize the Carboniferous period) but remembered the all or nothing theory behind digital signals, 
meaning "noise" is a load of BS in their case, all one would experience would be dropouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back