USB C vs USB 3.0 port
May 9, 2019 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Johnnyde94

Head-Fier
Hello there! I have a question that I can’t seem to find anywhere. Is there any sonic benefits if one were to use a USB C port on a computer versus a USB 3 port when connecting to a dac via USB B? Will it be dependent on how the computer handles USB C audio. I was just thinking that being most computers only have a single USB C port vs many USB A ports and assuming they run on separate circuits I would think there would be less noise, especially when there are two USB 3 ports on a single side of the computer. Or would the inherent differences in USB C design make any difference.

May 9, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #2 of 3
I doubt you will hear sonic difference between a USB C port and USB 3.0 (or 3.1 or 2.0).
It does look like USB C will replace a lot of older type USB ports in future devices.
I think USB C is also designed to deliver more power, over older USB ports.

May 11, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #3 of 3
Should be the same, you can’t assume it may be better as motherboard designs are a little different spec/design wise and all the other parts you use have an effect as well. The only big perk for audio is more power from usb C for our amps/dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back