USB-C headphones?
Oct 30, 2020 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

battleaxe

100+ Head-Fier
A little background. I have Fiio F5, but both (3.5mm) included cables stopped working(always the left cable). Got replacement cable from Fiio & after a few months it stopped working. I then got one from from brainwavz & same thing. I know it's the cable as it was always the left cable as it would never work on either side once it broke, but the right cable did work on both sides. I pretty much got tired & gave up & went with the USB-C headphones that came with my Pixel 3 for the last 2 years. Find out it stopped working today. I'm looking for a good wired usb-c headphone with a balanced sound. I prefer it for my day to day usage as I mostly use it for youtube & podcasts. Would prefer to keep it under $65. I am looking usb-c as I keep looking those adapter & the last one I got I had to return as they did not work with my pixel 3 or the store owners S9.

I could go Pixel wired buds, but I always thought those were less than average but usable for what I wanted. There is the Belkin Rockstar, but not sure how that sounds & found one review of it, but it wasn't from the regular audio/headphone testing sites. There is the OnePlus Bullets USB-C, but those got mixed reviews & currently for $5 more I can get the Bullets Wireless Z(originally $50, now $30) headphones which one owner said is better. I prefer not going that route as I'm a bit of a grouch & prefer wired. It also lacks APTX, but is ip55 rated(more of a bonus than a want), which the wired doesn't have. Any other models I should look at? Is there any good MMCX cables with usb-c that won't break after a month? Thank you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back