USB Audio Cable for Sennheiser Momentum 3
Aug 22, 2023 at 7:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

whophant

New Head-Fier
Hi all you glorious head-fiers, and happy Tuesday!

I've got a pair of Sennheiser Momentum 3 headphones which I would like to use more in the USB mode, but I'm having a tough time finding the right cable and would love some suggestions.

I have purchased a couple of normal USB C to USB C data cables, but they are both frustratingly thick and stiff, uncomfortable to wear and highly microphonic, and the slightly too short Sennheiser cable that came with the M3s is much the same..

I would greatly prefer a USB C cable that is thin and flexible, more like a normal headphone cable. Does such a beast even exist?

I don't want to purchase a premium "audiophile" cable, not because they may not make a difference, but because I can't afford it... I'd like one that is pretty much the same price as any other normal data cable, but long and thin, soft and flexible.

I live in Thailand, so there's a good chance many of the proffered suggestions may not be available here, but I'd love to hear them anyway. I get very quick delivery from Ali Express, as well as at least decent buys on most major Chinese electronics and accessories locally.

Thanks so very much, for anything you might recommend and for everything else you all do here!

:):):):):)

Jim
Phrao

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #3 of 3
Monoprice or Amazon Basics are really good. The amazon are thick, non microphonic, and really pliable.
Thanks for the suggestions, dunring!

Still, I think I want to know if there is such a thing as a USB cable that is not thick at all, but as thin and floppy as a normal headphone cable, so it's not so physically present and obvious all the time.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back