USB Amp for Denon D2000s?
Dec 28, 2009 at 10:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Jonothon

New Head-Fier
Hey

I am looking for a good USB amp for my Denon D2000s. Budget is <$150 I will be using it with my laptop, which has a bad sound card, which is exactly why I need a USB amp (although I still need a line in for my PSP). All my music is 320kbps AAC.

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #4 of 11
After getting my first computer sound card in 2000, I have tried to stay away from computer audio. Then early this year I started to look at audio for a sony laptop. I now have a set-up which sounds fantastic. You should look for a Nuforce USB unless you need to go moble. I found one used for $185.00. I use Denon AH-D 7000s with I tunes and Apple lossless. Sounds perfect.

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

nuforce_icon.jpg

Dec 29, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #5 of 11
thanks guys.

t0wer - the d2+ looks great, unfortunately its just out of my budget. may be worth saving up for although.

moose - that nuforce is a bit too expensive for me. do you know if the nuforce uDAC is any good?

and does anyone know if the headroom total bithead would be a good match with my laptop and d2000s?

Dec 29, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #6 of 11
theres a review of the udac by larry in the first page of the dedicated source components thread..it got a really favorable review.

Dec 29, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonothon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks guys.

t0wer - the d2+ looks great, unfortunately its just out of my budget. may be worth saving up for although.

moose - that nuforce is a bit too expensive for me. do you know if the nuforce uDAC is any good?

and does anyone know if the headroom total bithead would be a good match with my laptop and d2000s?

I payed $185.00 usd used, I thought you had $150.00 usd? I think you can find a used one in your price range. You will not be let down!

Dec 29, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #8 of 11
I've learned it's better to save up or wait for a good deal for something that works well and you'll like, instead of buying something that will just get you by.

I was looking into the bithead before I ordered an ibasso D4.

looking at the uDAC it only has usb input.

Dec 29, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcarmoose
I payed $185.00 usd used, I thought you had $150.00 usd? I think you can find a used one in your price range. You will not be let down!

Haha thanks. I'm not so fond of buying used electronics, but if you find one within my current budget please let me know.

That's a very nice looking setup (your pics). Simple. I love the matte rubberish look on the Nuforce.

I that think I am going to save up some more cash (like t0wer said), it seems that a lot of these USB DACs are just above my budget. This will also give me some time to burn in the D2000s so that I can figure out exactly what I want the DAC to improve on, this should narrow down my choices a lot.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Dec 29, 2009 at 8:43 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by t0wer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looking at the uDAC it only has usb input.

aha you're right. didn't notice that lol. i think that eliminates that choice.

Dec 29, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #11 of 11
I think your best option is a used D2 Boa+. At your price range, there is not many good options with your requirements. If you want the best sound, the uDac looks like a winner, but if you need it to be a portable amp for your pmp then u gatta go with da boa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back