urgent! ue18 problem after using amp
Feb 10, 2013 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

boyd seabiscuit

New Head-Fier
after a week received my ue18 i first found the sound balance between left and right has some slight difference, has been running it 6-7 hours a day, thought that could be the cable but tried another one resulted the same.

so yesterday i went to try on some amp to see if that should sound better, only a few songs had i listened and finding it not a difference before leaving the shop,
but back home listened again with my ipod only found the low frequence had obviously declined and the detail of mid and mid high has slightly improved possibly due the the declined bass but the general detail quality has worsened as i suspect.

nonetheless, i also found the left ear piece to be slightly loose as it shall slip off faintly by the quiver from my walking and have to push it back in to reseal it everytime.
does it indicate that i should refit?

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #4 of 18
Contact UE. They have a form to fill out, and you just ship your IEM's back and they'll refit for you. The left and right difference might just be from fitment issues. Try fixing that first, and if it's still off, have them replace the drivers. I've never had any issues with their customer service. I've had them replace drivers in my customs before.

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #6 of 18
What do you mean? You mean the shop wants to do the refit for you?

Didn't UE build the customs? If they did, then there's a 30 day fit guarantee. You can send it back and have them refit the IEM's. If you need areas shaved off, then just mark it with a sharpie. If you need areas thickened, I put a small piece of post-it tape. I'm not sure how it works if you bought the IEM's from a store... I bought mine directly from UE.

Just to be clear on the 30 day thing- it's 30 days from the day your receive them back after receiving the refit and after each refit. So say I get my customs in on 1/1/2013 and on 1/20/13, I get a refit. The day I receive the IEM's back from the refit, the 30 day guarantee starts over, and you get 30 days again. 

Here are the people I typically speak with about repairs/refits to my customs. They're pretty helpful, so shoot either one of them an email.

Jazmin Sandoval <jsandoval@ultimateears.com>
Jen Colacchio <jcolacchio@ultimateears.com>

Also, check out this link:
http://ue-support.logitech.com/en-us/support/custom

Click the link for "Custom Fit Repairs"

Feb 11, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #7 of 18
thinks for the info, the refit here means putting the silicon again in my ears to make another mold. unfortunately the store here requires me to refit and pay by myself and then bring the mold to them, as they only offers one time successful or not fitting.

i know ue guarantees 30 days refit but i am not in california so i may have to refit in my location.
i have sent an email to [size=x-small]customsales@ultimateears.com addressing the same question[size=x-small] yesterday, [size=x-small]no reply so far.[/size][/size][/size]
maybe i should try the personnel you mentioned.

Feb 14, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #8 of 18
update: no reply from anyone in ue as of now, just sent back the iem to the dealer with only textual descriptions, lets see how they should remold that.
note: just asked the amp used was pico slim
the staff also said because the amp has pushed the iem to a higher electric pulse so listen again without it would sound slightly weaker

Feb 15, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #10 of 18
the dealer doesnt do anything but send the iem back to ue.
but is it true about what happens after using amp? 'cause now the sound stage of the bass and the fidelity of vocal and mid instrument have pretty much all gone, like tasting a super spicy curry and try some normal curry later which feels nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back