Urgent: super.fi 3 vs V-MODA vibe vs IM716
Dec 9, 2007 at 5:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jh0720

New Head-Fier
I need to buy one by tomorrow night (not using my own eBay account)

are there any better IEM's for the same price?

oh, and they're all Y-cords right?

i don't want the yuins because of its J-cord (i think), it's not in ear and short cord length

thanks

Dec 9, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #2 of 6
yep all y-cord to my knowledge, go the super fi's i think their the best of the lot
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #3 of 6
are there any better y-cord IEM's under $100 than super-fi's?

how do v-moda's compare?

and how isolating are super.fi 3's compared to regular IEM's (their tip looks different)?

thanks

Dec 9, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #4 of 6
super fis take a while to get used to the comfort, ive used e2cs, im616s, er6is and westones, i prefer the sound of the sf3s over all of them, ive also tried a mates vibes which i didnt like. the most comfortable was the um1, and overall probably the top choice, but i prefer the sound of the sf3's, and im used to their fit now.

i think nearly all, correct me if im wrong, IEMs are y-cord.

Dec 9, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #5 of 6
UE super fi 3 are more isolating than the open vibes. I have both and find them both great in their class. The vibes I find a bit easier to fit in my ear.Frankly I like the sound of both. Don;t know about your third option.

Dec 9, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #6 of 6
haven't heard the super.fi 3s but i have owned the s.f 5s and metro.fis as well as the original vibes (yuck!) and the im716s. the 716s are easily worth their $200 list price and are much better than the other iems you've mentioned although they're tougher to drive and might benefit from an amp. they've got a pure, clean sound and the pod has a convenient in line volume ctl and a switch that lets you tailor the bass to the source music. imo it's one of the best buys out there for good sound reproduction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back