URGENT help needed, noise canceling....
Jun 10, 2007 at 6:40 AM Post #19 of 24
dayum!!

you guys ROCK!! Thanks so much. And I updated my original post with the correct link. I never even considered gun-range hearing protection with a KSC75 in it!!!

I'm gonna suggest those direct sound cans to my sister in law.

I really can't say just what his priorities are. I don't think style / appearance is high up on the list though. He just wants peace and quiet. I asked my sister-n-law about custom earplugs, but she really dismissed it. he is super-sensitive to things stuck in his ears, and I would assume that unfortunately includes customs.

Its really tough on my brother/sister in law. Their house has to be blacker than black silent all the time. My brother in law has to go outside just to sneeze or blow his nose.
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

Its even more severe now that he's a teenager and going through puberty. Sometimes I see my sister in law with bruises all over her arms. He can be VERY violent when he is upset.

Thanks!!
Oh.. he does have an ipod shuffle that he plays music on. So he does have some tunes going in at a low volume. His favorite bands are simon & Garfunkle, peter/paul & Mary, Enya and Keiko Matsui.

Jun 10, 2007 at 7:03 AM Post #20 of 24
Forgot to add, if you remove the grills from the ksc75 the bass will diminish a little and the sound become clearer. Certainly a mod I prefer. Now, by putting the ksc75 into the earmuffs, you get a darker and less airy sound, but with this mod you compensate it. The Ksc75 have the flexibility then to work both as open clip-on cans (with the clips) and as closed super isolated cans (without clips inside the earmuffs), isolation will be superior to that of the very best of closed full sized cans, that's to say: it will isolate more than hd280. And here's the best: weight and clamping force will be substantially lower than hd280 and most closed cans. Sweat depends on the pads in my experience. The cons are: the koss can move their position inside the cups, since they aren't fixed there (unless you make them be). And if you remove the grills completely, then there's the risk of touching the drivers themselves with your ears, eventhough you leave the foams put, and this can cause the drivers to dent which needs repair: remove the foam and stick the drivers with your fingers or something slim and watch where the dent is, just like when a mineral water bottle gets dent (similar).

Jun 10, 2007 at 8:23 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aryolkary /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One more thing, if one aims at the best noise isolation possible for the buck: EARMUFF + IEMs, now that's some serious isolation
biggrin.gif

That is correct, that is a combo I use at work, when it is really noisy

Jun 13, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Its really tough on my brother/sister in law. Their house has to be blacker than black silent all the time. My brother in law has to go outside just to sneeze or blow his nose.
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

Its even more severe now that he's a teenager and going through puberty. Sometimes I see my sister in law with bruises all over her arms. He can be VERY violent when he is upset.

Oh my, that's just terrible and so very unfortunate. I hope you come up with a solution that works out for him. Is this condition something that he can grow out of or take medication for, or is he stuck with it for life? Please let us know how things work out, I'm curious to know what the outcome is.

Good luck.

Aug 23, 2007 at 6:56 AM Post #24 of 24
I could recco some Vic Firth drum phones. He could listen to music but with a ton of isolation. I play drums and it takes a ton to block them out so these should take care of regular life. Over 24db of isolation http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...nes?sku=443954

Users who are viewing this thread

Back