urgent help!! 0404 problem on noise!
Apr 24, 2005 at 3:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rob1031

100+ Head-Fier
Well, here's the thing.

i got my 0404 a month or two ago, and i DIY built an adaptor to my CMOY. okay, its not the best cable in the world, but at first a few problems with crackling noises, then fixed i up and it worked. i enjoyed it a for a few weeks, then it didnt work. the crackling came back (possibly because i threw i t around or packed it somewhere). okay. fixed it, im pretty suer it works cause i tested it on my hifi, but the crackling noise was still opresent with the 0404.

i thought..What? then i tried one of the mono jacks only direct to my head phones. a very small crackling noise. it was the same.

help, i dont know how to fix it!

FYI, it crackles constantly and when i move the mouse or anything on the screen there is a sound that follows my actions on the screen. i got this with my old soundcard, but i didint expect it happen to this. The thing is, maybe my PC has a prob, BUT why did it work with no noise before? (when i enjoyed it for a few weeks! its so weird! and im frustrated cause i always thought it was my cable and i resoldered around 5-6 times before i found the problem out

please help!!!! i want my music!

Apr 24, 2005 at 9:18 AM Post #2 of 5
no one knows what wrong with my card?
confused.gif
i hate this!! ><

Apr 24, 2005 at 8:56 PM Post #3 of 5
Have you tried reinstalling the patchmix software?
I think I've experienced the problem you are describing, it's like a pulse sound "doo doo doo doo" right? Everytime when I get some strange thing going on with the 0404, i just go to patchmix and restore defaults.

Apr 24, 2005 at 10:06 PM Post #4 of 5
Set Patchmix DSP to default.

Try the original cable if you still have it laying around, can get a 2 1/4" to female 1/8" adapter for around $2 at radioshack.

Try moving PCI slots, move the EMU as far away from other cards as possible, make it it is not sharing an IRQ with anything, also check I/O.

Try taking every single card out of your system besides the EMU. Make sure the onboard sound is disable in the BIOS not windows.

Manually delete all traces of the old card.

Good luck
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 25, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #5 of 5
Was your old card an Audigy? What kind of Mobo are you using? I hate to be the one to tell you this, but there are many horror stories on the internet about this problem with creative drivers.

I read where guys reinstalled windows, change slots, and latencies just to fix it; all to no luck.

Gods speed young person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back