URGENT - CANALPHONE USERS HELP!
Dec 31, 2004 at 2:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

justanotheruser

100+ Head-Fier
There's a triflange e5 stuck in my left ear - no kidding. When I try to pull it out it hurts like craaazy. Is there any danger of harming my ear if I just yank it out? I don't know how this happened. It's so stuck that I'm worried I'll disconnect the triflange from the headphone and not have a way to get it out. Again - this is no joke. Thx.

Dec 31, 2004 at 2:17 AM Post #2 of 28
Geez. Take some tweezers perhaps and slowly inch it out. If you're absolutely sure you can't get it out without fearing any sort of damage to your ears, get to a hospital immediately.

Dec 31, 2004 at 2:20 AM Post #3 of 28
it feels like there's a suction - maybe I should disconnect the earplug?

Dec 31, 2004 at 2:22 AM Post #4 of 28
dude, how far did you push them in? as null said, use a pair of tweezers and try to slowly get them out. if you cant, get to the hospital. and let someone else do the driving if you're planning to.

Dec 31, 2004 at 2:36 AM Post #6 of 28
it's out

I pulled really hard and the triflange came right off. Then I used a pair of tweezers and finally got the tip out - it took several tries. I even ripped the end of the thing since it took so much force. PHEW!

Dec 31, 2004 at 2:51 AM Post #8 of 28
no, i'm thoroughly convinced now that these aren't gonna work for me

i've packed them up and will send them back in the morning

btw, i'm making the assumption that they don't want the sleeves back...as they've all been used - right?

Thanks for the tips - and for replying so quickly!

Dec 31, 2004 at 2:59 AM Post #9 of 28
Another Head-Fi induced emergency, with a happy outcome
eek.gif

Dec 31, 2004 at 3:01 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by justanotheruser
no, i'm thoroughly convinced now that these aren't gonna work for me

i've packed them up and will send them back in the morning

btw, i'm making the assumption that they don't want the sleeves back...as they've all been used - right?

Thanks for the tips - and for replying so quickly!

if you ordered from shure, they do need everything back for a full refund. otherwise, 15% restocking fee applies. Its stated on the shure website. good luck.

Dec 31, 2004 at 3:38 AM Post #13 of 28
okay - they can have my used sleeves if they really want 'em

i sent an email to shure complaining about the triflanges - i hope they don't get the wrong impression - it's hard to imagine this hasn't happened to anyone else - but in my opinion these sleeves are plain dangerous

Dec 31, 2004 at 8:15 AM Post #14 of 28
Seems like canalphones aren't going to cut it for you. Maybe something like the UE10 Pro or Sensaphonic 2X-S would be ok, but I'd say try the Stax SR-001 Mk II and the Sennheiser HD-25. Both are cheaper than the E5c, and the Stax sounds quite a bit better, to my ears at least. Haven't heard the 25, so can't comment.

P.S. Glad everything turned out ok.

Dec 31, 2004 at 9:23 AM Post #15 of 28
thanks

as you can see I posted a thread to discuss other options - I'm considering sticking with the Apple earbuds for portable and getting a nice stationary set-up for home - I doubt it's worth spending 600-1000 bucks on canalphones at the moment since the E5s sounded so thin to me - maybe once I have some full-size phones that'll give me the sound I really desire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back