UrBeats for $38
Jul 2, 2014 at 9:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Frailey

New Head-Fier
So I got a pair of UrBeats, by Dr. Dre for 38$. 
They are normally around $100.

Do any of you think that they are worth the $38 I spent, or just a complete waste.
I know that the headphones by beats are worthless, but I didn't really know about there IEMs.
And I didn't have any time to do really any research as for the sale was ending in minutes.

And feedback on them would be greatly appreciated. 

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #2 of 8
Yes $38 is a good deal for them. I have been using a pair for a year or so, they are decent for ear buds. They have quite a bit more bass then other buds as you would probably expect because they are Beats. If nothing else you could re sell them and make a little profit. They are currently going for 89.95 on Amazon.

Jul 4, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #4 of 8

It seems that the bass is almost off the chart high, I would say there are still better choices at that price range. Many Beats are overpriced by 5-10 fold their value anyway, so don't take their asking price as representation of the worth.

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #5 of 8
The ur beats are the best beats I think I had mine for a good 2 years now but they just broke not to long ago due to the solder in the aux male connector wearing out, but these beats are literally what I think the best ear buds on the market for cheap. Mind I ask where did you get them for $38 because I don't really want to put another 100 into them I love the ear buds don't get me wrong but 100 is still kind of steap for me.Another pair you might want to consider is the body glove ear buds they are like $10 and are louder in treble and have the same bass and mids as the ur beats and are almost indestructible with a carbon fiber wound chord and metal speaker housings

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #6 of 8
The ur beats are the best beats I think I had mine for a good 2 years now but they just broke not to long ago due to the solder in the aux male connector wearing out, but these beats are literally what I think the best ear buds on the market for cheap. Mind I ask where did you get them for $38 because I don't really want to put another 100 into them I love the ear buds don't get me wrong but 100 is still kind of steap for me.Another pair you might want to consider is the body glove ear buds they are like $10 and are louder in treble and have the same bass and mids as the ur beats and are almost indestructible with a carbon fiber wound chord and metal speaker housings

Those body glove ear buds look veeeery similar to some Head Rush cheapos I picked up, just with a better cable and a new paint job. Hmmm...

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #7 of 8

Those body glove ear buds look veeeery similar to some Head Rush cheapos I picked up, just with a better cable and a new paint job. Hmmm...

If I'm not mistaken, they originate from Sound Magic. Perhaps someone else can corroborate/deny?

I auditioned the current generation urbeats and I think it's probably the best product Beats has got going at the moment. Will not win any bang for the buck awards, but it's surprisingly non-craptacular. Certainly not worse than the Sony XB90EX if you ask me.

Jun 24, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #8 of 8
Hey guys,
As the name suggests I'm only just getting into audio.
i was planning on getting some 17 quid ($26) a-jays but then saw some £20 ($30) urbeats on a trustworthy site. I care about design and all round good sound quality (maybe a bit of noise cancellation?) Should i go for the beats or the a-jays or possibly some Sennheisers?
Thanks, Tom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back