Urbanite XL Impressions?
Feb 1, 2015 at 6:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

brisskyy

New Head-Fier
So I'm going to be getting my first set of good headphones and I thought I might actually join head fi and make a thread rather than scrambling around looking at other threads for once (been browsing 'round here a lot). What are your impressions on these cans and if so can you recommend me some new ones?

About $250 is my budget and I mainly like bassy sort of sound. Portability and looks aren't an issue either as I will mainly be wearing them inside my house at my computer

Feb 1, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #2 of 9
Start here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-urbanite-xl-black-over-ear-headphones/reviews

Feb 2, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #3 of 9
Ah, thank you,

The reviews help but are there any alternatives to the urbanite with a little more bass with the same sort of signature?

I mainly listen to pop, edm, hip-hop, those types of genres.

Feb 3, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #4 of 9
I'd look into the basshead threads like this one - http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club. Also consider an amp like the Fiio E12 with its bass boost option.

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #5 of 9
Feb 3, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #6 of 9
Urbanite XL already quite bassy.

I don't know if it's too early to start suggesting absolute bass-head territory headphones.
Personally I would consider the Urbanite XL to be on the cusp, if not within the basshead radar, while keeping enough smooth midrange and rolled-off treble to retain some genre versatility.

Feb 5, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #7 of 9
Hmm I do think the vmoda's are good but they are just out of my budget. They also don't seem that comfortable either.

How would you compare the urbanite to the momentum? I've heard they are very similar. Also on sennheiser's website their freq responses are the same, not sure if that has to do with the way it sounds (nub)...

Feb 5, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #8 of 9
Overall sound flavour is very similar.
The Urbanite has slightly louder and more texture in the bass.
Also urbanite has slightly more rolled-off treble.

Momentum is closer to neutral.
Urbanite is bassier - more fun. (also this means it does better in louder environments)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back