URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
Mar 15, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #244 of 1,184
There's no need to measure it. For an approximate answer your intuition and ability to compare would be enough
you will hear more from high quality recordings, it digs deeper into the recording and have more micro details, the stage is a bit wider and taller, imaging is sharper and more distinct (very easy to detect the difference when comparing them with movies), the bass is faster and more dynamic, it jumps at you sometimes, harder with more edgy texture to the notes, the Blon has a bit softer tone in comparison
Tonality wise, well the Urbanfun is heavy in the bass in my opinion, high quality bass mind you, but heavy sometimes, midrange with narrow bore tips sound warm and a bit closed in compared to the Blon (when using wide bore tips is better, it has more energy in the upper mids but still Blon a bit more open sounding), treble with narrow bore tips is there, very clean and detailed but may not be enough, with wide bore tips the treble quality and extension is amazing for single DD earphone, better than the Blon, it has more snap to it, sound more realistic
hope that helps

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #247 of 1,184
Anyone knows if the UF will pair better with the FiiO LC-2.5D LC-3.5D LC-4.4D(Silver) or FiiO LC-2.5C LC-3.5C LC-4.4C(Copper) cable? And if it fits?
Based on the earlier posts reviews, it has a dark signature hence I reckon it would it be better with Silver cable(To balance with some brightness). Much thanks!

Mar 17, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #248 of 1,184
Anyone knows if the UF will pair better with the FiiO LC-2.5D LC-3.5D LC-4.4D(Silver) or FiiO LC-2.5C LC-3.5C LC-4.4C(Copper) cable? And if it fits?
Based on the earlier posts reviews, it has a dark signature hence I reckon it would it be better with Silver cable(To balance with some brightness). Much thanks!

Have you tried wide-bore tips such as JVC Spiral Dots, AZLA Sedna, Flip Starlines, etc...? IMO tips can improve a lot the darkness compared to a cable.

Mar 17, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #249 of 1,184
graph.png

Mar 17, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #252 of 1,184
Mar 17, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #253 of 1,184
The Urbanfun YBF 1SS014 is on sale at Massdrop for $55 now.

Not much discount from the original $59 price TBH, and not sure if they are using the new batch which has supposedly fixed the QC issues (or if there are even beryllium drivers inside the newer batches).

Anybody knows how is Massdrop's returns policy and customer service? I'm not that keen to take a risk on QC problems. I'll probably wait for the AE Anniversary sale, I think it may be more discounted then with coupon stacking.

Mar 17, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #254 of 1,184
The Urbanfun YBF 1SS014 is on sale at Massdrop for $55 now.

Not much discount from the original $59 price TBH, and not sure if they are using the new batch which has supposedly fixed the QC issues (or if there are even beryllium drivers inside the newer batches).

Anybody knows how is Massdrop's returns policy and customer service? I'm not that keen to take a risk on QC problems. I'll probably wait for the AE Anniversary sale, I think it may be more discounted then with coupon stacking.
If you live in the USA then Drop is a decent option, but if you are outside of USA, you will pay alot extra for customs duties and extra taxes and fees. Also, the ship date is May 5th and Drop has a reputation of often shipping later. If you wait a week or 2 for the Ali sale and order, chances are you will get it before drop even starts shipping. Many complaints on Drops website from people who bought Chifi gear that received defective gear, but Drop just referred them to the manufacturer who said that the customer needed to deal with the seller (Drop). Sketchy customer service and rarely does Drop state their warranty or return/refund policy. I always buy from Aliexpress. Just find a good seller with decent feedback, and wait for the sales. I want a YBF too, but I'm waiting till the Ali March Anniversary sale and collecting coupons. Over the past year I've bought stuff from there, I've never had to wait more than 3 weeks to get it...and NO extra fees. Just relating my personal experience. YMMV

Mar 18, 2020 at 6:33 AM Post #255 of 1,184
As a lover of the DD, I'm starting to get interested in these, but don't want to get run over by the hype train. People who own and/or have heard these, putting aside the price tag, what are some the cons? There's gotta be something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back