UPS Sucks!
Sep 17, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #31 of 71
It's really sad the way they try to dodge responsibility when it's clear they're the ones at fault.  I would have expected the run-around from USPS but not from UPS, it's why I chose to pay extra and ship with them, just in case something goes wrong!  

Anyhow, I'm preparing whatever evidence I have against them, I wish I had got it in writing when they said 3 cards were deemed working and 1 was bent, so that when I opened the package at their store and only found 3, I could say that it proves they never opened the package to 'inspect' it before denying my claim.  

Morons.

I will tell the court myself anyway.  The only problem I foresee is them asking me to provide evidence the graphics cards were working prior to shipping -- which is going to be tough to do since I bought them on craigslist for straight cash.  So no receipt or anything.  I did test them myself if that counts for anything.

However, I think that issue is outside the scope of the case (right guys?) -- the issue here is that they're not honoring the pack and ship promise, not whether I can prove whether they working prior to shipping, but even if that was brought up by UPS/store wouldn't the burden of proof lie on them to prove that it wasn't working prior to shipping?

Surely the case can't be decided on a suspicion like that?

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #32 of 71
A happy ending to this whole fiasco.  

The UPS store called me this past Monday and asking me to hold off filing that small claims court case.  They said they would call Crawford insurance and try to work things out one last time.

Today I got a call saying I would be getting my money back!

Yay!

Indebted to Uncle Erik for the small claims court idea.

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #33 of 71
These scare stories really keep me from buying online. I can get most of the stuff I need from shops around here but some things are just way cheaper in the US. My dad works in a freight company that ships hazardous materials, oil field stuff, ammunitions, commercial explosives, naval stuff and they gotta be extra careful with the things they ship out. If only such companies passed on their work ethics to UPS, DHL, Fedex and other normal shipping companies 
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 24, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #36 of 71
I bought a $2100 camera from a legitimate camera store in Austria. When I opened the package, the camera was damaged. I returned my damaged camera to UPS's inspection facility in the Bronx, NYC.  Someone there stole the camera and is not accepting any responsibility. Neither I or the camera store has recieved any notification as to the whereabouts of the camera. Just today, I emailed the camera store where I bought the camera and they are going to have to sue UPS for damages. Here is a screen shot proving that UPS had the camera in their possession:

UPS SUCKS!!

Sep 24, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #37 of 71
so sorry to heard that.  they did one think that i don't like it leave my d700 along with 24-70 2.8 at the porch without signature.  hope your CC will the care of you.  By chance you order from BH?  they always take care of customers.

Oct 4, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #38 of 71
OK, you know what, never mind, UPS still sucks!

After they agreed to grant me my claim for the $1K they're up to no good once again.  I called back to check status last week only to be told I needed to submit proof of value, so I showed my paypal transaction and ebay listing.  

Today, almost two weeks later, I call in once again to check status and they say the claim is on hold because they need proof of repair costs.  That I need to go to a repair shop and get a quote for repair costs.

Who the heck repairs broken graphics cards?!  

UPS STILL SUCKS!

INSURANCE AND THE "PACK AND SHIP" PROMISE IS USELESS!!!

Oct 4, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #39 of 71

Quote:
I bought a $2100 camera from a legitimate camera store in Austria. When I opened the package, the camera was damaged. I returned my damaged camera to UPS's inspection facility in the Bronx, NYC.  Someone there stole the camera and is not accepting any responsibility. Neither I or the camera store has recieved any notification as to the whereabouts of the camera. Just today, I emailed the camera store where I bought the camera and they are going to have to sue UPS for damages. Here is a screen shot proving that UPS had the camera in their possession:

UPS SUCKS!!

This sucks.

Oct 5, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #40 of 71
You guys, I have been thinking about this. What is the best way we can all fight back? I thought about starting a blog but first you have to get a great .com name. The title of this thread, "UPS Sucks", is perfect but guess what? The domain name, "upssucks.com", is already taken by guess who? UPS! So I searched some more and voila, I got it: "fckups.com"! Now that I have a great .com I need to start a blog. I want to start a blog where anyone and everyone can rant against UPS and post photos and comments. Does anyone know of an easy template that I can easily set up that allows users of the blog to participate? I am sure there are some tech savy people here on Head-Fi that can help me out. I would appreciate it.

FCK UPS!

Oct 7, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #43 of 71
LOL love this thread.

Oct 7, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #45 of 71
Canadians love USPS and hate FedEx/UPS like no tomorrow.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back