UPS Sucks!
Sep 10, 2011 at 3:49 AM Post #16 of 71
I know 3 people who work for them, my oh my you'd never ship anything expensive again if you heard how they treat things............then again i'm sure FedEx probably does the same.....

Sep 10, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #18 of 71
Sep 10, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #19 of 71
Sep 12, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #21 of 71
The UPS Store filed a dispute on my behalf three times with UPS for the denied insurance claim.  They had no luck.  They asked me to call UPS but UPS says they won't talk to me since the UPS Store is technically the shipper.  If I ask the UPS Store about the pack and ship promise they say the insurance and pack and ship promise is one and the same and that since the insurance was denied, so is the pack and ship promise's promise automatically.  

Something smells fishy.

The pack and ship promise clearly states that you're refunded the value of the item, the shipping costs, and the cost of shipping materials you purchased.  The insurance is simply for the value of the item.  Clearly they're two different things.  UPS claims the UPS Store is responsible for the pack and ship promise's promise.

I did manage to get UPS Corporate's number and will be calling them tomorrow.

Meanwhile, the buyer only returned 3 out of 4 items.  Paypal has asked me for documentation and the UPS store is faxing in their statement to Paypal, so an appeal is underway.  PP also asked me to get a lost/stolen items report from my local police precinct.  

That was completely useless.  The NYPD said that since it was shipped across states, they can't do anything, that it's not under their jurisdiction, and that it's a civil matter anyway.  I can't believe they don't have any protocol for this type of matter in this day and age!  

The officer told me not to do business on the internet.  She also accused me of trying to make them falsify information!  Way out of line.

confused_face_2.gif

Sep 12, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #24 of 71

Quote:
Most of the shipping companies suck.  It's not a matter of IF you will have a problem, but WHEN.   I've been lucky with UPS and unlucky with FEDEX and USPS and absolutely hosed by DHL.

True. I had a problem with some electronics last year, package was damaged..and it had scratches on it. 

Sep 12, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #26 of 71
Quote:
Small claims them, if $1k falls within the limit of your local court.

No lawyer necessary.

Name the insurance carrier (should be in the fine print), UPS and the local store as parties.

Have it served.

Let them figure it out among themselves. You'll probably get a refund by the time they're required to respond to the suit.

[rant]I really wish more people would take these kinds of matters to small claims. If companies won't make right, then let them fork over $250 an hour for corrporate counsel to deal with it. A small claims suit over a potential $1k liability will probably cost them $3k plus the liability. When the bottom line is all that matters to a corporation, kick them in the crotch. And by "crotch," I mean the bottom line.[/rant]

I may just do this now, no party seems to want to cough up the amount promised.  

Small claims only costs $15 to file here and I can represent myself.  

Sep 15, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #27 of 71
So here's an update if anyone is randomly interested.

I had the UPS store confirm to Paypal that the buyer only returned 3/4 cards and they STILL have not given me even a partial refund.  Appeal process dragging on.

Meanwhile I contacted UPS Corporate, who bounced me to UPS Store Corporate.  < asked me to fax in receipt and proof of shipment, etc.  I did that 2 days ago and nothing yet.  I called in twice to follow up but no response, just messages.

All these companies will be getting a letter that they're being sued pretty soon.

smile.gif

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #28 of 71
The third party that processes UPS insurance claims screwed me over as well a few years ago. FYI the "UPS Store" is actually Mail Boxes Etc. and isn't technically a direct part of UPS.

I do my best to take my shipping/receiving business elsewhere.

Sep 17, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #29 of 71
Another story:

I ordered a $2200 digital camera from Austria. The camera arrived damaged. UPS came to pick up the package and take it to the inspection facility to see if the camera was improperly packed by the camera store or if UPS damaged the camera during shipping. I handed off the camera and package to the UPS driver. The box arrived at the inspection facility in the Bronx. Upon inspection, there was no camera in the box and the inspectors threw the box away. No camera, no box. Thankfully, I took photos of the damaged camera before UPS picked up the package for proof. Several weeks went by of me raising hell and, to my chagrin, the camera reappeared. It was being held by UPS to be sent back to the camera store so I thought the story was over. Nope. Several weeks later, the camera store never did get their camera back. As far as I'm concerned, someone at UPS stole the camera and UPS first tried to blame me for it. They chose the wrong person to pick on. I had paid with the camera with my credit card so my bank refunded me the money. Who I feel sorry for now is the camera store in Austria. They are a small outfit and it isn't fair that they should have to take the loss because someone at UPS stole the camera. I still don't know if UPS ever refunded them their money.

Moral of the story: UPS sucks!!!

Sep 17, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #30 of 71

Quote:

Moral of the story: UPS sucks!!!

Here's a story about FedEx:

So I ordered a bicycle saddle for my bike. The most expensive thing on my bike. It was a top of the line Brooks made for racing, worth about $500.

Ok, ordered it and had 3 days shipping, made sure it had to be signed for and handed directly to me. My week was cleared, so I stayed home for its arrival. The day came when I was tracking it and about the time Fedex came around, 2 pm, he showed up. I watched his truck enter, then leave.

He didn't come to my door at all. I could have seen him deliver it. So I checked online. It said "Delivered and left on patio"

I LIVE ON THE SECOND STORY. So I opened my door, no package. I looked around at the patios on ground floor, no package.

Called FedEX. "Have you checked you patio sir?"

"I was on my patio when he came around."

"So he did deliver the-"

"NO, he didn't even come to my door. He never showed up."

"Oh..."

So after a bit, they had the shipper send me another saddle. Overnight shipping.

Day came, nothing showed up. Called Fedex.

"Well, he did deliver-"

"No he didn't. I don't have it in my hands at the moment."

After a long time, it turned out the Fedex guy was delivering it to the downstairs apartment, ON THE OTHER COMPLEX. I live in the 2nd apartment block. Each block has it's own numbers.

So I went over and found apartment 1034 (downstairs) and found two packages there.

I called Fedex, told them to have the shipper ship another and I will PICK UP at a location.

So I picked up at a local location

I paid $500 for a saddle, got three in return and the FedEx driver lost his job (he had other complaints like mine) then he also had to pay back all the value of the packages he lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back