UPS Lazyness...
Aug 4, 2009 at 8:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Rise To The Top

1000+ Head-Fier
I ordered a handful of Samsung P2370HD Monitor TV's last week on Monday. They were all shipped on Tuesday (two were sent FedEx and came in Friday), and the other was shipped UPS. I also ordered a wireless HP HPX mouse that was shipped UPS with a due date of August 4th. The monitor that was sent UPS was supposed to come in today (August 3rd), but was held at a transfer station for an additional day I checked the shipping status on the 1st, and UPS said it was in Chelmsford, MA. I checked again earlier today, and it said LATE TRAIN as the status. Kinda odd, eh? esp when the package was there two days before hand. Did UPS hold my monitor that one extra day so they wouldn't have to make two trips here? Or was there a legit reason that the monitor was delayed by a day?

Aug 4, 2009 at 8:21 AM Post #2 of 5
Unless it's critical and I've paid extra for next day/2 day shipping, I find quite enough satisfaction in getting a package with an unmangled/crushed/broken item inside. Getting it within a day or two of the delivery date projected is fine with me.

I understand the frustration, however, not trying to defend them.

Aug 4, 2009 at 9:32 AM Post #3 of 5
Some of UPS guys are lazy and irresponsible for their jobs. Last couple weeks, I ordered a box for cable TV and it was shipped by UPS. On the shipping date, I was doing the laundry and some other home stuff at the back of the house. I heard the doorbell was rung and suddenly went to the front door. I swore it took only 10 seconds to get there and what I found was they left the notice that they missed the receipant. It was even worse since this was the 3rd attempt and I needed to pay extra $6 to get them redelivered my stuff.
frown.gif

Aug 4, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it necessary to start yet another shipping thread simply because your toy was delayed by a whole day?

This is exactly what I thought..

Anyway, unless you payed(which you didn't specify in the OP) for expedited shipping, I don't even think they're making any profit off of your order(or atleast the vast majority of the cost to you) will go to getting it there. All(most?) of their profit is made off of 2-day and the like. So yeah, they probably delayed the train for the next one. Why wouldn't they?

Not trying to start a flame war, but until they actually break something, or delay it by..5 days+, complaining really doesn't do much good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back