UPS Brokerage?
Jan 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

cgg123321

100+ Head-Fier
I bought a pair of headphones (HD558) from a member here and he shipped through UPS. UPS came to my house today but I was not home so they left a paper at my door. The paper says there is a $39.18 C.O.D brokerage fee.

I have never had this before, has anyone ever had this before?

Thanks

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the seller forgot the customs slip and the deilvery was stalled for a week. Could this be the problem? I'm in Canada and the item came from the USA.

Jan 18, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #4 of 6
Jan 18, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #5 of 6
Welcome to the Canadian Head-fi experience.

Yeah, if you are ever going to get UPS or Fedex, be prepared for massive fees.  Often the express shipping through those companies end up cheaper because the waive some of those ridiculous fees.

Jan 18, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #6 of 6
Either express shipping (by air) or USPS->CanadaPost, neither of these carry brokerage fees.

From other places like China though, it's always sent by air so there's never brokerage fee, it's always just the case with shipping from the States. Funny how the closest international shipments cost the most (and often tend to be the slowest).

I know cuz I got burned when purchasing $120 AudioTechnica M50's from the States a year ago; UPS guy comes up to my door and asks for another $60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back