UPS Almost Burned Me
Feb 12, 2005 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Big Al

100+ Head-Fier
My AKG 271S was "Out For Delivery" via UPS from DJMart.com according to the UPS website. Normally UPS delivers most of my packages early in the a.m. but this shipment was different (6:35 p.m.) and the wife was at home! Luckily the kids kept my wife occupied and the UPS person just left the package outside the garage doors and didn't ring my doorbell, WHEW!!! And actually the UPS truck was pulling away from the front of the house and the wife seen the truck but didn't say anything. I'm also surprise DJMart.com doesn't require a signature. Well I can't even try out my new cans, I retrieved the package and it's sitting in my garage waiting to be opened.
lambda.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #2 of 21
Its up to the drivers discretion, if the neighborhood looks safe, then most likely he'll leave the package,

besides I think UPS insures their delivery, so if you didnt sign for it and it shows up missing, just report it and get compensation.

Feb 12, 2005 at 2:39 AM Post #4 of 21
When I purchased my jolida off of audiogon last week, my girlfriend was coming into town and staying at my place, so i actually asked the seller to time the delivery so that it would get here after she was gone!!! The seller was totally cool about it, and check with UPS on when he should drop it off to get here on wednesday, because my girlfriend was leaving tuesday. Also, I ordered a pair of mit term2's on audiogon and had them delivered right on wednesday. I wish my girlfriend understood my hobby, next time she comes in, im going to have to explain a jolida 100a, sr-71, mit term2's and grado sr-225!

Feb 12, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Al
Well I can't even try out my new cans, I retrieved the package and it's sitting in my garage waiting to be opened.
lambda.gif

I'm guessing this was a 'stealth' purchase
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24
I wish my girlfriend understood my hobby, next time she comes in, im going to have to explain a jolida 100a, sr-71, mit term2's and grado sr-225!

Just play the old 'I've had them for ages (innocent look)' card!
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oink1
I'm guessing this was a 'stealth' purchase
biggrin.gif

Just play the old 'I've had them for ages (innocent look)' card!
biggrin.gif

One of many 'stealth' purchases. I was going to use the old "I had these..but how do you explain the; it looks shiny and new and it even smells 'new'??? PC parts go into the case, out of sight out of mind, how do you hide headphones, especially a 271S?

Feb 12, 2005 at 3:32 AM Post #7 of 21
Having UPS drop off packages on your doorstep without ringing your doorbell can suck. I had a gateway stolen off my doorstep because the UPS driver left it out there. A GIANT COW BOX. ugh.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 4:14 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by errorich
Having UPS drop off packages on your doorstep without ringing your doorbell can suck. I had a gateway stolen off my doorstep because the UPS driver left it out there. A GIANT COW BOX. ugh.
rolleyes.gif

Did u get you computer replaced for free or did you have to buy another (that would suck)

Feb 12, 2005 at 1:52 PM Post #12 of 21
I have found that it is never a good idea to hide purchases from my wife. She would find out eventually and I would look like a sneak. Better to be upfront.

Feb 12, 2005 at 5:28 PM Post #13 of 21
I just tell people who are in a a position to scold me that my sr225's are old headphones from the 80's that i got cheap. works most of the time.

Feb 12, 2005 at 6:01 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by UserNotFound
I just tell people who are in a a position to scold me that my sr225's are old headphones from the 80's that i got cheap. works most of the time.

LOL

Anyway, I have ordered things that "require a signature" but the driver doesnt say anything just "here you go"

Feb 12, 2005 at 6:02 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Hey, that actually worked for me? My girlfriend was like "ooh those are cool, when you get those? and i was like "dude, their vintage, i've had them for a long time, really cheap." So that was a combination of how cheap it looks, as well as the old had them for a while.

Any ideas to explain the jolida? and the tubes? and the headphone amp?
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back