Upper Mid audiophile grade headphones
Jan 9, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #3 of 30
Just would of thought giving its name (number) being higher meaning it would be the newer version and normally newer is better as most headphone manufacturers do this. Do you own a pair of HiFiMAN or are you biased to this company?

Jan 9, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #4 of 30
  Just would of thought giving its name (number) being higher meaning it would be the newer version and normally newer is better as most headphone manufacturers do this.

Not at all universally true--the T1 and HE 6 are flagships

Do you own a pair of HiFiMAN or are you biased to this company?

I own the HE 500 (and HE 6).  However your questions presents a false choice.

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #9 of 30
Only problem is i will have to wait till i go to the US before i can get them as i cant find the HE-500 on Amazon (Not in stock anyways). The HE-500 will be the best for gaming aswell right? i do alot of gaming.

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #10 of 30
  Only problem is i will have to wait till i go to the US before i can get them as i cant find the HE-500 on Amazon (Not in stock anyways). The HE-500 will be the best for gaming aswell right? i do alot of gaming.

Most planars, including the HE 500, do not have the largest of sound stages.  That fact, plus their price and the additional fact that they are not easy to drive are not +'s for most gamers.  I have heard little, if any discussion about their use by gamers.

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #11 of 30
I heard these headphones by a YouTube which uses these headphones and he said these are amazing for gaming. I'll be getting a schiit modi 2 and magni 2 which should run them, I would of thought

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #14 of 30

Yes--the Magni 2 can properly drive the HE 500.

Will i get the full use of the 500 out of the magni 2?

Will the HE 500 sound as good out the Magni 2, as out of (say) the Burson Soloist?  No.

Will the HE 500 sound better out of the Magni 2 as the other options you have listed?  Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back