Upgrayedd my IEMs...
Mar 24, 2008 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

GIGANTOID

100+ Head-Fier
Howdy! I'd like your opinions on what I should do. I currently use and like my UM2's. Shaddap you! Which I listen to daily for hours out of my Hornet (preM) from my Mac and now my iPhone. Well the iPhone with its screwy headphone slot has me needing new phones to work with them. I tried an adapter converter but the wires frayed internally after a month of use.

So I love the form factor and fit of my UM2s. I daresay like the sound although my previously experience is with Shure E3Cs so take that with a grain of salt. And I use DT990s at home. iPhone compatible a plus! Excellent sound a must, UE stickouts need not apply, no matter how they sound I dont need to look any more like a dork than i already do.

Disregarding what I said above, I'm leaning towards getting the super.fi 4vi for use strictly with the phone and keep the UM2s until the 3's are out.

Or should i try the SE530 or perhaps the LiveWires...

I am not a technical or critical listener I like the soundstage of the UM2s but think it may be a little too forward in its presentation. I listen to mostly ambient, electronic, with jazz, hiphop and rock thrown in for good measure. Along with a helping of SomaFM.

You decide '08!

Mar 24, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #3 of 5
You should get yourself pair of livewires. I have pretty similar music tastes to yourself and have no complaints with them, even the bass is impressive.

They wont fit the iphone without an adaptor, but I'm sure someone handy with a soldering iron could re-terminate them with a suitable miniplug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back