Upgrading Verizon What Phone Should I Buy?
Sep 14, 2009 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

RockCity

1000+ Head-Fier
Although this place might not be cellphone-fi, I'm sure there are some Head-fiers who are up to date with the mobile industry. I'm looking for an upgrade phone with Verizon that will stay relevant at least for the next 6 months. I prefer to spend between $150-$300. My only requirements are reliable sound quality and build quality, especially for the display screen. More features are welcome. Please give me your recommendations.

Sep 14, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 5
FWIW, there's a "Gear-Fi" sub-forum now.
tongue.gif

And isn't the BlackBerry Storm 2 coming out October? That looks like a nice and fun phone.

BlackBerries really aren't known for their sound quality though...my Curve does get the job done though when I'm listening to Slacker Radio.

Sep 15, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #3 of 5
I'm loving my EnV Touch. I haven't had any issues with it that some users report, and it's got a great touch screen, as well as a flip keyboard, so you have that option.

In fact, my only real complaint is LG removed the ability to give a contact a specific message tone. You can still do ringtones, but you can't apply a ringtone to a specific individual's text message.

Ah well. Everything else on it is stellar.

I've tried the Storm's touch screen and it's a click screen, which I really didn't care for. Maybe the Storm2 will be different.

Sep 16, 2009 at 9:40 AM Post #4 of 5
I've used them all and finally discovered that no phone is an upgrade for me. What a peaceful world it really is!
L3000.gif

Sep 18, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the advice guys. I went into Verizon yesterday and picked up the Samsung Rogue. I liked the enV Touch but the promotion ended. The Samsung has an excellent display and a 3.5mm jack. Best of all, no hiss with the RS-1. The flaw with the phone is the mandatory data which is all but useless on a multimedia phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back