Upgrading to K701 from MS2i....is it worth it?
Aug 31, 2006 at 1:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

monsieurguzel

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey all, i currently have a pair of Alessandro MS2i headphones w/ a DIY millet hybrid amp. I listen to a lot of rock and electronica music. I've been thinking of getting a pair of K701 coz i heard some great stuff about them. Would they pair well with my tube amp and be better than the MS2i's that i have?

thanks
orphsmile.gif

Aug 31, 2006 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 4
You are thinking of what I have been thinking.....

.....with a twist!

The only thing "better" than MS2i, in my opinion, would be MS2i for rock; and K701 for most everything else!!

Yeah! That'd Work For ME!!

The silver mushroom and a toilet seat! What a pair!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 31, 2006 at 2:32 AM Post #3 of 4
the K701s are a sidegrade from the MS2s, not an upgrade, in my opinion. my guess is that the K701s probably won't be as good with rock as the Alessandros, as the K701s don't have the presence and impact that the MS2s have, though the K701s might be better for your electronica, depending on the kind of electronic music you listen to.

Aug 31, 2006 at 2:55 AM Post #4 of 4
Alhtough I consider the K701's to be better for my taste. Grado's are pretty good with rock and electronica, so you may not find the difference worth it or even a sidestep. The K701's may not improve the sound in a way you consider worthwhile depending on what you find flawed in the MS2. If you generally like the Grado sound, moving up the Grado ladder is always a good option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back