"Upgrading" to IEMs
Jan 5, 2010 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

DolbyR

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I've been listening through a SOHA amp and RP-21's the past 2 years, however, the RP-21 headband is giving up, and although I enjoy these cans a lot, I think it's time for something different.
My listening habits have somehow change a bit aswell, I enjoy a high SQ, but as most of my listening is done at the office, I just don't have always the time to take the SOHA out of the locker and connect it and in the end of the day to put it back. So lately I've just been running the RP-21's out of the laptop.
And since my external HDD gave up, I didn't have storage room for lossless files either, so lately high bitrate MP3s is all I've been listening. I recently noticed also that my Nokia N82 plays with reasonably acceptable quality so probably this will soon be my main source, due to ease of use and simplicity.

So... to keeping the above written in mind, I figured out that IEMs would probably be the best choice for me atm.
Budget would be up to 150 usd for the IEMs, keeping in mind I will probably have to pay for shipping aswell.

I was doing some research, and seems as Ultimate Ears and Ethymotic are popular and high quality, but I would need for some advice on which is better and which exact model should I get. Suggestions for other brands are welcome aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back