Upgrading to Etymotic 4P question
Jan 16, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #17 of 23
I personally have the ER-4P and DO listen to quite a bit of metal and hard rock, and love it for that as well. The only issue is that if its a bad recording, you're going to be able to tell. And I use only 256kbps (from Amazon music store) and higher bitrate MP3s and lossless files, which really is a must as far as I'm concerned. Even electronic-based stuff such as Nine Inch Nails sounds great from them.

And I personally think the bass is great with them as well, though I've never used any other IEMs to compare to. It doesn't quite have the bass I can feel aspect like my HT setup, but for headphones I wouldn't expect it to.

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #18 of 23
Oh ok, thanks for all of the helpful responses guys. I have an amp (don't know if I said this before or not); iBasso T4 so i will use the bass boost on there if need be.

But for all the other comments, I'll still use my Super.fis for rock and stuff like that, but I wanted something a little more clarity and I think the ER-4Ps are going to do just that
smily_headphones1.gif

So one final question, where is the cheapest I can get them? They go for...300 on the site but I know I can find them cheaper somewhere... Thanks.

Jan 16, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh ok, thanks for all of the helpful responses guys. I have an amp (don't know if I said this before or not); iBasso T4 so i will use the bass boost on there if need be.

But for all the other comments, I'll still use my Super.fis for rock and stuff like that, but I wanted something a little more clarity and I think the ER-4Ps are going to do just that
smily_headphones1.gif

So one final question, where is the cheapest I can get them? They go for...300 on the site but I know I can find them cheaper somewhere... Thanks.

Yes, the ER4P will give you much more clarity.

You can get them for less than 300, less than 200, i think they're less than 180 on Amazon. Look around, you can probably get them for even less.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #21 of 23
I'd check eBay as well. Some deals for a new set around $170 which is still a very good price/ But they are the newer all black models. You may come accross the classic Red/Blue as well and if you're lucky you can get them around $130-140.

PS:
Between the newer all black and classic Red/Blue, both are sonically the same. I know because I own both. In fact my insane ER-4S now runs the older driver barrel on the left and the newer barrel on the right
ph34r.gif
. long story. They sound dead identical and this is a testament of ETYMOTIC precision and consistency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back