Upgrading Original Bithead?
Dec 20, 2008 at 5:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

schalliol

500+ Head-Fier
I have a Bithead as a portable headphone amp/DAC, but it would be nice to find a way to get Total Bithead performance. HeadRoom told me they couldn't do an upgrade to the Total version, but I wondered if anyone here might know of an upgrade that could be done. Ideas? Thanks!

Dec 20, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #2 of 6
Dec 20, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #3 of 6
Cool, thanks for the info. I think it uses AAs, but it's at my office now so I can't check. At any rate, I usually only use it via USB, so it bypasses the batteries inside to power the unit.

Dec 20, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by schalliol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool, thanks for the info. I think it uses AAs, but it's at my office now so I can't check. At any rate, I usually only use it via USB, so it bypasses the batteries inside to power the unit.

Not if you have the power switch set to 'on' it doesn't...

Dec 20, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #5 of 6
It is true that if you switch the amp on, it will use the power from the batteries, although I have not found it necessary to do this with the bithead. Perhaps a Total Bithead would value what might be cleaner power, but I can't detect a difference when I flip the switch. Does anyone else?

Dec 23, 2008 at 8:50 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by schalliol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is true that if you switch the amp on, it will use the power from the batteries, although I have not found it necessary to do this with the bithead. Perhaps a Total Bithead would value what might be cleaner power, but I can't detect a difference when I flip the sw itch. Does anyone else?

I purchased a new Total Bithead about 10 days ago. It uses 4 AAA batteries. When turning on the Bithead's power switch while it is attached to a USB port the BH's indicator light becomes slightly brighter. There seems to be a slight improvement in sound quality while operating the amp with batteries, but I usually just let it run on USB power when using it with the computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back