Upgrading my speaker amp.
Dec 24, 2014 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

spykez

100+ Head-Fier
I've been having fun trying out new audio toys and you guys have been a great help thus far ^__^

I'm currently using a Topping VX1 that I was using before I really started to jump into the "sorry for your wallet" hobby haha. I'm now using a Schiit Modi for a DAC and a Little Dot MKIII for my headphones (HD598 soon to be HD700).

Sadly the little dot doesn't output into passive speakers, which are my Audioengine P4, maybe I'll upgrade those too some time, but for now they make me happy.

Most amps I've seen don't output to passive speakers using speaker wire.

I have seen the Audioengine N22 and it has everything I'm looking for but that's only on Amazon. There's a whole world of awesome stuff you guys seem to pull out of your brains that aren't on Amazon or I guess just aren't tagged right on there.

All it NEEDS is RCA input and speaker wire posts on the back. I don't need headphone jacks or a built in DAC or anything.

Now, what ya guys got? I was looking to drop 200 but I could probably put it up to 300 if there was something really awesome out there.

I've found a couple tube ones but I dunno how a tube amp being pushed into another tube amp works, if that's ok to do or not.

I was kind of looking at this one, but it's kinda big, I was hoping for something smaller like the topping/little dot stuff

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-A-S300-Integrated-Stereo-Amplifier/dp/B00916E2UI/

Dec 24, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #2 of 6
Yamaha make great kit and that would certainly do a good job, but you 
could get better value second hand.
I don't know US amps at your price level, but look out for used amps
by Arcam, Denon and Creek.

Dec 24, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #4 of 6
  Yamaha make great kit and that would certainly do a good job, but you 
could get better value second hand.
I don't know US amps at your price level, but look out for used amps
by Arcam, Denon and Creek.

If I'm going to go Denon I'll stick with Yamaha, I've been using their stuff for years. I'll check out the other two though :)

[edit] lol neither Arcam nor Creek are even remotely in the same price range ball park....

In that price range, be sure to check out Emotiva's Mini-X or Fusion amps.

Great bang for the buck.

I shall! Thanks!

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #6 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back