Upgrading my Sound, first time head-Fi User! :)
Nov 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Narokuu

New Head-Fier
To start out, my name's Narokuu, im a twitch TV livestreamer and im finally able to budget a huge sound upgrade. 

Old gear:

On board Sound card from my Asus Crosshair V
Creative Sound blaster 3d Tactic Alpha headset
Ant Lion Audio Mod Mic

Gear i am ordering (hopefully if approved by users here)

Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250 ohm
Magni Amp
Modi DAC

MXL Tempo USB Condenser Microphone (with stand/pop filter/shockmount)

All cables and accessories needed (i think) AKA RCA cable to connect the magni/modi

I have a set budget and this combo literally meets it perfectly, so i hope its going to sound amazing (I know it will) but i have never had this 
high of quality before, so I'm probably in for a huge surprise. Now YES, i am a gamer, however i do not require any sort of surround sound, directional audio etc
i enjoy music in games, and mostly I listen to music while playing anyways, the game music has no pull for me (I play league of legends, and indie games)
so, i do want more towards 80%+ music, rest game sound.

So, let me know if i have chosen well (mostly on the headphones and DAC/Amp i know the Mic is going to be great. 

Nov 3, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #2 of 20
That DAC/Amp/Headphone combo should work fine.

Nov 4, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #5 of 20
Be sure to report back. You know the dt770 250 is rather neutral compared to, say, the 80 ohm edition, which is bassy? Any reason you want closed headphones?

Nov 4, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #7 of 20
Seems expensive. Where do you live?

Nov 4, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #8 of 20
I live in the north eastern US. I would updater my profile, but i have not been able to have access to that yet =(  bt the 250 ohms are about 160 ish and the 30/80 ones are 229+ 

so I'm not sure what to do. and i prefer closed headphones because i do vocal covers, and i also have a small apartment, and don't want o let any bleeding sound wake up not only my roommate, but neighbors. 

Nov 5, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #9 of 20
I'll think about some options. The dt770 250 is probably at least as good as the rest of the beyer family

Nov 5, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #10 of 20
Mad dog would be an option

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #11 of 20
My biggest worry is not getting enough bass, i really do love a lot of bass when listening to music, and not just electronic or dubstep, i love really bassy heavy metal etc. and i know using this setup i have no Equalizer.. so im still kinda skeptical. 

Nov 5, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #12 of 20
I see...

Nov 5, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #13 of 20
I am thinking something like the v-moda m100?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back