Upgrading my setup (Newbie Deluxe)
Jul 21, 2006 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

syndrome

100+ Head-Fier
Hi!

I'm a newcomer and I consider myself having a ****** setup. I've been thinking over this the latest year, since I've been hanging out on Head-Fi.

I am using a computer as source, and will continue during that. Now we got that clear
wink.gif

However, my soundcard is an integrated 3D-Sound something, completely worthless. To that, I have a pair of Philips SBC-HP895 and a pair of Koss Porta Pro. I've been extremely disappointed with this sound card lately, so I've been planning a new one.

What I've been planning to get is the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic. When looking at soundcards, they always advertise about Gaming and Movies in surround sound, however, I'm just interested in the music. Also, this soundcard is just about what I'd like to spend on a card at the moment, it's around $164.

With this thread, I would want to know if there's anything good to know about this card before bying. Is it even worth it? Is there something else I need to buy separately to use it's full potential? Blast away!
smily_headphones1.gif

crexfixm.jpg

I will use this card together with a pair of headphones, unamped. If it's something good to know.

- Syndrome

Jul 21, 2006 at 8:29 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by syndrome
Hi!

What I've been planning to get is the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic. When looking at soundcards, they always advertise about Gaming and Movies in surround sound, however, I'm just interested in the music. Also, this soundcard is just about what I'd like to spend on a card at the moment, it's around $164.

- Syndrome

That sound card is $80. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829102188

And you only listen to music, look at other soundcards as well, as the Creative cards are best for gaming.

Jul 21, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by mnm222876
That sound card is $80. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829102188

Not in my country
frown.gif

And are those $80 VAT included?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnm222876
And you only listen to music, look at other soundcards as well, as the Creative cards are best for gaming.

Would you mind naming some? Preferrably around the same price or cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back