Upgrading my HD650 setup
Jan 13, 2005 at 9:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rider

Head-Fier
Hi, what would be a good source upgrade for my present setup of emmeline xp7 & HD650 with zu mobius cable? Presently I am using a Denon M31 cdp. And my preference for music are smooth jazz,vocals and some pop & rock.
Also I am quite keen to try out the single power amps in the future so some suggestions with this in mind would be helpful.

Jan 13, 2005 at 9:28 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by rider
Hi, what would be a good source upgrade for my present setup of emmeline xp7 & HD650 with zu mobius cable? Presently I am using a Denon M31 cdp. And my preference for music are smooth jazz,vocals and some pop & rock.
Also I am quite keen to try out the single power amps in the future so some suggestions with this in mind would be helpful.

try to search the source forum, what's your budget btw?

Jan 13, 2005 at 11:56 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by tiberian
try to search the source forum, what's your budget btw?

Hi, I did. But did not manage to find what is a good combination for the xp7 and hd650. I did see some have singlepower amps and shanling cdp or rega planet cdp but not sure how they would sound and whether they will make a substantial improvement. budget probably between $600-$1000

Jan 16, 2005 at 1:26 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by HomeyC
The Musical Fidelity XRay V3 CDP is one of the best for the money. It's around 900.00 street price

Where can I find it for $900 US ? any website or reconmend a place to buy.Thks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back