Upgrading my Energy 2.1 set. Need suggestions.
Jul 29, 2013 at 12:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

smokecrack

Head-Fier
I currently own a pair of Energy RC-Micro satellites and an Energy Subwoofer. See this link.

These are connected to a decent Onkyo receiver.

I'm looking to add a bit more depth. The catch is I don't really want to go the 5.1 route because I can't run cables behind my sitting area. Nor do I want to look at wireless options.

So my question's are:

• Do you think adding an Energy sound bar would work well? Or perhaps just a center channel? Is a 3.1 setup going to be much better or just not worthwhile?
  • Are there any speaker stands you would recommend for my Energy satellites? They weight 5lbs each.

Aug 3, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #2 of 2
Are you using these with a TV in a living room style setup? Or for computer desktop use? If not nearfield with a computer desktop, upgrading to larger speakers could make a big difference. While the RC-Micros are great speakers for small satellite speakers, there are speakers with bigger drivers that can give you a bigger soundstage while also giving you better sound. If you can up your budget a little, I would recommend the HSU HB-1 MK2s. Their wave guide tweeter helps to create a larger soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back