Upgrading Monoprice 8320s
Aug 21, 2014 at 9:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ItsDoomsday

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I currently own a pair of Monoprice 8320's and I use them basically whenever I'm travelling. I've really enjoyed listening to music through them but 2 things are making me consider upgrading

1. Build quality (which is obvious for £5 earphones, the outer jacket of the wire is beginning to tear)
2. Noise isolation, I've got as good of a fit as I can with these buds, and I've tried different sizes of buds but I don't feel like it's blocking noise effectively, it's doing an OK job but I cannot hear any bass sometimes when travelling. 

Like I've said this is quite demanding for a £5 set of earphones, so I'm considering upgrading. 

I've seen the RHA 750, and they sound really good, but is it worth upgrading? I know build quality will be better but will noise isolation? 

Are there any alternatives under £100? 

Thanks

Aug 21, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #5 of 9
  I currently own a pair of Monoprice 8320's and I use them basically whenever I'm travelling. I've really enjoyed listening to music through them but 2 things are making me consider upgrading
1. Build quality (which is obvious for £5 earphones, the outer jacket of the wire is beginning to tear)
2. Noise isolation, I've got as good of a fit as I can with these buds, and I've tried different sizes of buds but I don't feel like it's blocking noise effectively, it's doing an OK job but I cannot hear any bass sometimes when travelling. 
Like I've said this is quite demanding for a £5 set of earphones, so I'm considering upgrading. 
I've seen the RHA 750, and they sound really good, but is it worth upgrading? I know build quality will be better but will noise isolation? 
Are there any alternatives under £100? 

Check out the JVC HA-S400, HA-S500, HA-S680 headphones.
The HA-S680s are only sold in Japan, but you can buy them off eBay for around 43 GBP ($70).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301122953201?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Users who are viewing this thread

Back