Upgrading iem?
Aug 12, 2017 at 8:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

m1ku

100+ Head-Fier
I've been using my se215 for a while. Just recently, I went to a store and asked for an upgrade recommendation. I was able to test a few iems. The problem is, I have no idea what to look for and for some reason, the suppose better ones sound very similar to my se215. Maybe the soundstage on the others are a bit better and separation is a bit clearer, but nothing really impressed me. Is that normal?

What do you guys suggest? My source are from the S8, fiio x1 and e10k.

Aug 13, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #4 of 6
Honestly, if your ears can't tell the difference between the se215 and the better pairs, better to stick with what you have. I'd say definitely try out some more pairs if you can, but don't let people pressure you into buying something expensive just because they can hear the difference! Good luck though :)

Aug 15, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #6 of 6
What kind of music do you listen to, budget?
Honestly, if your ears can't tell the difference between the se215 and the better pairs, better to stick with what you have. I'd say definitely try out some more pairs if you can, but don't let people pressure you into buying something expensive just because they can hear the difference! Good luck though :)
I mostly listen to jazz, pop and some classical. So clear vocal and overall balanced sound? Wish I get to try out a lot more iems than I can right now. The staff was pretty nice. He even encourage me to try out the SE846 just for the heck of it. Then my cousin recommended me to try out the Fender fxa5. There are so many choices! Pretty sure I'm not satisfied with my se215 now after noticing (was having problem with the fitment of the ear tip) my RE400 has a clearer vocal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back