Upgrading from Shure 530s
Jul 17, 2011 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DivergeUnify

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys I was wondering if there have been any new IEMs out that have a sound similar to the Shures( maybe a slight trade off between bass and highs, almost leaving an inverted V sound signature with those liquid mids being most prominent) but superior in terms of fit as well as sound.  Mine are around 2.5 years old now( lucky for me I've never had any cable cracking issues), and I just haven't been listening to them that much since I got my SR325is( which makes sense... On ear> IEM)

150-250 dollar range is what I'm looking at... maybe 300( although that normally means 300 :p)

Jul 17, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 2
I listened to the 535s at CanJam and I found Etymotic phones to have a more pleasing sound. Frequency response graphs show them to be similar, but I found the 535 to have less realism, and more bass impact. If you have not tried the Etymotic sound signature, I would start there, and at your price range you have several options (MC5, HF5, and the ER4 series.) I would also mention that I use them with foam 'supertips' by Monster Cable... they are much more comfortable that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back